Saturday 5 January 2013

Tattoos: its an art


Whats the deal with people making a big deal out of tattoos? As a person who has recently acquired my first, I am in love and don’t actually care about other peoples opinions because, well, its on my body and not theirs.
If you want a tattoo and are worried about getting it because OTHER PEOPLE will think its stupid then stop. there is only one person in the world who is meant to like it and that’s you.
We are past the days were it was only acceptable for sailors to sport their adventurous sleeves. Everyone has a story and this is a permanent  creative way of displaying them. It could be the support for your team or country, a drunken moment you have no memory of, or the name of a loved one. Whatever a tattoo is it means something special to the owner, and can take you back to the time it happened. Some memories can be photographed, but others deserve something a bit more special.

My tattoo is feminine, flowery and incredibly special to me. Designed by my father and inked by the same master who tattooed him it has a great memory attached. Cherry blossoms are pretty, and they reflect the human life cycle. Although this may seem like a tinge of sadness it reminds me that my life will come to an end, and to make the most of everyday.  
Some may view their bodies as a temple, but I see it more as a canvas, blank at birth and ready to be painted with the scares of life. so wouldn’t it be great to add your own mark to your own body. Sometimes a tattoo can be the very thing to make you feel complete..
Comment, reply, argue and show me your own tattoos and what they mean to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment